Literary Revelations features emerging and established authors of poetry and fiction.
We publish most poetry genres: epic, lyric, narrative, or prose poetry. We expect work that dazzles the intellect, and delights the soul; work that makes feelings blossom into symphonies of love, beauty, and sorrow. Interpret the silence. Find the place where love was born, and tears are entombed. Be the voice of prophets. Be the soft whisper of Sakura.
Dream, create, suggest. Avoid cliches. Avoid the banal and the explicit, even if both have become trendy. Remember “To define is to kill. To suggest is to create.” (Stéphane Mallarmé).
We also publish fiction such as mystery, romance, fantasy, and other types. We do not publish erotica.
Remember a novel is not the mere act of outlining one thing after another. We do not look for tables of contents. We want you to love, and to suffer, with your characters. We want you to remember the importance of the landscape, and to look over your shoulder where the unknown lies. Embrace it. Remember what Jorge Luis Borges said: “When writers die they become books, which is, after all, not too bad an incarnation.”
Make sure you get everything right.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to any person and/or entity that engages in anyway with this website (i.e. submitting any type of work such as poetry, interviews, art, etc. and/or buying any services that may be offered by Literary Revelations.)
Please keep in mind. We accept poetry, short stories, interviews with literary and art personalities, and reviews. We do not accept unsolicited book manuscripts.
We do not accept any work that condones violence, sexism, racism, graphic language, and any discrimination of any kind. We do not accept erotica.
For the moment, we are not able to pay our contributors to our journal and/or anthologies.
By submitting to Literary Revelations, you agree and attest to the following:
- You are at least 18 years old.
- Your work is original. We accept previously published work only if you retained the copyright of your work.
- Literary Revelations is not liable for any plagiarized work that you may submit.
- You grant Literary Revelations the first right to publish your work electronically and on paper, and non-exclusive archival rights. All poetry and short stories submissions remain the intellectual property of the author. Anthologies where your poetry and short stories may be included remain the property of Literary Revelations LLC.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- For more guidelines on poetry and short story submissions please visit Submit.
- Please note that those guidelines are subject to change.
- Overall, by engaging in any activities with this website any person and/or entity releases Literary Revelations LLC from all liabilities.